We are a private equity firm providing capital for LBOs, MBOs, recapitalizations, consolidations and growth. Though we are the lead investor in the majority of our investments, we will co-invest with other lead investors who share our investment philosophy.
Below are the general criteria that guide our investment decisions:
- Strong operating management teams motivated by significant equity incentives.
- Middle market companies with revenues of $15 to $100 million ($3 million if add-on acquisition) in fragmented service and manufacturing industries.
- Companies with proven ability to generate stable, growing cash flows.
- Companies with prominent positions in niche markets, proprietary products and services, or high engineering and/or service content.
- Opportunity for profit growth through operating leverage.
- The Company should serve as either a new operating platform or add-on acquisition/product line extension to existing Saugatuck-owned company.
- No high tech, real estate, or financial businesses.
- No start-ups or early stage investments.
- No turnarounds.